If you’re looking to sell your business, you need to know how to prepare your company for sale. SOT Business Brokers will guide you every step of way, but it’s good to understand in advance what is required. Below is a checklist designed for sellers to use as a starting point. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
What a seller will need:
- Profit & Loss financials from accountant for last 3 years
- Current year interim Profit & Loss statement
- All Debtors and Creditors in order and up to date
- Inventory up to date - can old stock be sold or excluded?
- Asset register with current plant/equipment list and depreciation schedule
- Copy of current employees contracts
- Copy of current supplier/client contracts
- Copy of Government/Industry Licences
- Copy of lease agreement
- Copy of Franchise or License agreements (if applicable)